Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a good way to combine the separate turn signal and brake light bulbs so they can both operate at the same time? I was thinking about using a 3-wire to 2-wire trailer converter module or some isolation diode blocks per tail light assembly.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
I don't recall any threads about this off the top of my head. There are some electrical guru's here that might be able to help if they see this one.

·
Retired and Sleeping Late
337 Posts
I did something similar to what you're asking only I made my reverse lights my turn signals (replaced white with amber bulbs) and spliced the two red bulbs together so I have a double bulbs lighting up now (I drive in California, need all the light I can get). For reverse light I have a LED license plate frame from vleds.com

So far it seems to be working okay. Doesn't mess up my trailer wiring either.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would still like to keep my 80-watt LED reverse lights because they really help out when you have dark tinted rear window.

I'm thinking a trailer converter 3-wire to 2-wire module would work perfect once the harness splice location is removed for the brake light circuit.

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts
I would still like to keep my 80-watt LED reverse lights because they really help out when you have dark tinted rear window.

I'm thinking a trailer converter 3-wire to 2-wire module would work perfect once the harness splice location is removed for the brake light circuit.

let me know how it works out, I would like to have some more turn signals (I have been hit 3 times form people not seeing my turn signal)

·
Registered
159 Posts
I used a curt 3 to 2 wire converter to combine the brake and turn wire on a set of led tails I'm making. I don't completely understand what your trying to do tho.

The curt converter works when the turn signals come on it puts power to the lights normally each flash, when the brakes are on then you signal it shuts the power off each flash of the signal to blink them.

If that makes sense lol.

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts
I have LED bulbs in mine, but I want to try something like this in the 3rd brake light and get rid of the cargo lights

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
let me know how it works out, I would like to have some more turn signals (I have been hit 3 times form people not seeing my turn signal)
Exactly... I've had two vehicles totaled from being rear ended from other drivers while my vehicle was stopped at an intersection.

Never have a problem with these, they are bright as hell. :shrug:

Plug N Play 2004 2008 Chevy Colorado GMC Canyon LED Tail Lights Lamps Red | eBay
I actually have a new set of TYC Euro LED tail lights but prefer the appearance of the stock tails with 80-watt LED bulbs.

so your looking for both bulbs to be stop/turn?
Right now with the stock tail lights the top bulbs are for the brake lights and the middle bulbs are for the turn signals.

I would like to have all four of the tail light bulbs to operate during braking and one side to blink when the turn signals are engaged.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Same here my reverse location is now my amber turn signal.
I'm interested in this. Was it a pain to work out? I would like to have red brakes and amber turn signal on the rear. I am going to look into stealthy leds for the reverse aspect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts