Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sorry about the delay in getting back, I wanted to make sure I have you all correct information. There were two additives that I purchased.

Genuine GM Fluid 88861803 Upper Engine and Fuel Injector Cleaner
And an oil additive I'm trying to locate the name. It actually came in an aluminum can. This fuel injector cleaner is what made the big difference...BUT (there always is one...) He told me to make sure to run the highest Octane fuel out there. I put a very small amount in the fuel system. I did let the tank go way down before I added fuel. Yes it was an immediate change, but that this is only a band aid to buy me more time. He explained to me about Octane and many misconceptions, and that it would be best to stick with a higher Octane. I'm on my third tank...the service light actually went away (as he predicted), and it did come back (as he predicted). He said I would need to allow the computer to make adjustments for the "different" fuel. I will make a note today to check the code...my guess is MISFIRE #5. But I'll let you know.

I'll also call and get the oil additive...he is quite the ladies man...so before 2pm phone calls on the weekends is off limits. But I promise I'll let you know. I have only had to add about a 1/2 quart of oil in over two and a half weeks...I check it every day.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts