Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
u know what i need to get new door speakers.. those do look nice but i don't want to cut out the door panels..

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
For the tweets you have to cut out the old area. I don't know a brand you don't have to, I checked. As far as the woofers though he shouldn't have needed to.
Yeah, I know that.

Hannibal was able to fit some monster 6.5" components in his doors (with custom made spacers) without having to cut his door panel.

If he was able to get those to fit, just about anything should fit. :lol:

Those CDTs are huge!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The woofer has a 20 ounce magnet and has a super weird design on the back which would have caused some serious modification to the metal. I then decided it would be easier and would like to show them off a bit by puttin on the outside. i will be putting the grilles on the woofers though (that they came with).

had some problems running wires through the heat tubes in door jams. maybe just me, but it was hard. also lost one of the clips for the roll up windows, and they were a bitch to get on and off

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
any recommendations on door speakers guys.. i need to change mine..

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
infinity reference components. i recently bought the 6.5" for the doors but just got the speakers and not the full component set. kinda wish i had. they kick ass imo.

looks good btw ovrw8, i dont think they look bad running the new grilles. i didnt on mine but its not a bad thing. def do pop out further tho. what are those, what they run you, and how do they sound?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh and the broken interior piece i take full responsibility for. hahaha lame lame i know. but when u've got a big ass guy sittin knees on concrete and sweat pouring off the forehead, eventually he's gonna get a lil over zealous lol.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL.

More importantly, how do they sound?
considering its a w/t model with just 2 crappy stock door speakers. its night and day difference. im probably gonna buy another set of cheap tweeters to hook up to the cdplayer in the rear speaker slots. probably just put them down low under the middle of the dash. 4 tweeters light bass coming from 6.5 in doors and bass behind seat from two 10's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts