Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For earning his first Skitz award! I don't know the guy personally, but reading the below comments shows that he definitely deserves this award...

rshadd said:
I'd like to nominate Dave (comdrop9073) for the Skitz (good samaritan) Award.

He was a HUGE help today installing a H3 floor shifter in my truck today. He drove hours to my place to help me and ended up doing almost all of the work. I couldn't have done it without him. He's patient, careful, detail oriented and really thinks things through. He's one hell of a great guy and a pleasure to work with.
1badi5 said:
Dave is one of the most giving and hardest working 22 year old guys I know hands down. He is one of those guys you can call and he offers to help no matter what. His work ethic and drive are above reproach.

July 2011 - Dave was one several Capital Chapter members that helped me move from my apartment to our first house. Ok, no biggie right....far from it. The heat index that day was 114* Dave was like train and push on through till the job was done
1badi5 said:
July 2013 - Ok, this time it was not 114*, but this was a move to our new house. Dave and JVAL not only helped with the move, but they help pick up Penske truck, move and organize the garage. After that was complete, Dave and JVAL both helped me hang a bunch of new cabinets in the garage. "Well done Doctors"..inside joke
1badi5 said:
Spring 2014 - Dave came down to help me complete the headgasket job on JVALs S10. It was a couple hours work. The best was yet to come though. We got the truck together and all systems go. As we head back to my house.......at 70mph the truck goes limp.....no power. Well I had failed to check the gas gauge. Again, Dave saves the day; he took off with my card and came back with gas.
1badi5 said:
August 2014 - I had everything to to rebulid the front end of my 355, transpan swap, notch the bed frame and finally doing the 09+ brake upgrade. I chose to do this whole mess of work on base because its so much easier with a lift. As we know the budget cuts have made services on base limited. I knew the only way I would get a lift was to be there 3 hours before they opened; even then we waited another 2 hours to get a bay. Dave was there from 11am to 9 pm to make sure the job got done. Dave was a trooper for sure especially when we were down to the last 5 minutes..........before the shop closed. We still didn't have the wheels on, the transpan had not been reinstalled and parts/tools were scattered all over. It was ugly, I was stressed but Dave was cool as a cucumber.
If you guys have a nomination, pleas pass it to me in a pm. Title it so that I know it's a nomination and tell me why said user deserves this award. :thumbup:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
After my last nomination it make me think of Dave.

He's out to help with no expectation of credit; an honest hard working guy that was way past due for this nomination

:cheers: to Dave

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
:thumbup: Doctor!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Congrats Dave!!!!!:salute:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
You guys that don't live near Dave don't know what your missing. I'm proud to have Dave as a friend.
Totally agree Rich!

Only if there were more people Dave's age that were as driven and productive as him.

As a friend outside of the truck stuff, Dave is great guy to hang out with, go to the range an kill targets with or drink a beer with.

Truly a pleasure to call him a friend

1 - 19 of 19 Posts