Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 w/t and the headlights are the sealed beam kind and wanted to put in the other kind, I had all the harnesses off of another Colorado but mine is wired for the sealed beam and the wattage is different for the hi/lo beams so I’m not sure how Ti wire it.. can anyone help me?

· Premium Member
4,239 Posts
Welcome to the Nation.

The circuits for both types of headlights are quite similar. Shouldn't require much modification. I sent you a message. The wiring for the sealed beam lights is a little heavier duty 0.5mm vs 0.35mm, but that's not a problem.

· Premium Member
4,239 Posts
I have an 05 w/t and the headlights are the sealed beam kind and wanted to put in the other kind, I had all the harnesses off of another Colorado but mine is wired for the sealed beam and the wattage is different for the hi/lo beams so I’m not sure how Ti wire it.. can anyone help me?
You should be able to use the original headlight wiring harness. Your sealed beam harness has three wires on each side, Orange/Pink/Dark Blue. Wire colors are the same for 4 light circuit. The Orange power wire, in the original harness, will have to be connected to both of the headlight sockets, on each side. Connect the Pink wire to the high beam headlight socket and the Dark Blue wire to the low beam headlight socket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts