Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so about a year ago, i bought the black 07 door panels for an electric truck because i have the shitty, no arm rest manual windows and locks door panels, well the electric door panels dont come with the plastic switch plate thing so i took it to a shop instead of installing the electric windows myself since i needed them to fabricate a piece. Well they charged me $550! and it broke down like this 300 for the electric window conversion and since the work they did for the fabrication they charged me 250 dollars for that! Anyway, here are pics, i need some suggestions because i am going to buy different switches that are in front of each other single instead of side by side.... IM PISSED! I was deciding between converting to electric windows or train horns, and i picked this and i wish i went with train horns.

Attachments

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 guys auto on del prado, its fucking rediculous man, they usually hook it up for man, but im pissed. There losing alot of business now cause of this, taking my girls car some place else for some wheels.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
2 guys auto on del prado, its fucking rediculous man, they usually hook it up for man, but im pissed. There losing alot of business now cause of this, taking my girls car some place else for some wheels.
yea I never liked the look of that place...next time try out Cartunes...they did headrest TVs in my buddies brand new Camry and its dope, install is clean as hell. They do all aftermarket installs for Toyota.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah they do them for chevy as well, my friend recommended me there but i figured i'd help out "my friends"

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
That sucks. It looks like they just cut out a chunk of wood and covered it in suede. :lol:

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
Whyd you pay for that? Id have refused to pay them

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
i thought about doing it. buying eletronic door panels, the actuators, and running the wiring myself.

sorry to hear this happened.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well all they did basically is put the mdf in and micro-suede on it and they fiberglassed the handle, but for christ sake they didnt even glue the suede all they way down or even sand the inside of the handle and paint it black. I didnt pick up the truck, my friend grabbed it and gave him the cash for it. They said thats the best they can do, its a disgrace. Im trying to find the stock plates to go there and fabricate something up myself, cant locate the part number for them. I called a junk yard they want, 100 dollars for just the driver side and they dont have any passenger sides, i dont know why not.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Damn dude that sucks,bet you will never have someone else pick your truck up for ya though.You could use some 1/4" and router the edges round....maybe.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
well all they did basically is put the mdf in and micro-suede on it and they fiberglassed the handle, but for christ sake they didnt even glue the suede all they way down or even sand the inside of the handle and paint it black. I didnt pick up the truck, my friend grabbed it and gave him the cash for it. They said thats the best they can do, its a disgrace. Im trying to find the stock plates to go there and fabricate something up myself, cant locate the part number for them. I called a junk yard they want, 100 dollars for just the driver side and they dont have any passenger sides, i dont know why not.

Ask someone to get the part #'s for you in the OEM part # thread in the Help/tutorial forum near the top of the forum index. for20 or someone will be able to get them for you. If you're just wanting the little plastic trim pieces they probably won't be very much I wouldn't think. :shrug:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Holy crap, I have seen crack heads do a better job than that, in their sleep. Anyhow, good luck getting that fixed (I would hate to see how the wiring looks).

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
ouch... thats terrible. I wouldnt have accepted that garbage from a "professional" establishment. I'd get my money back and have them buy new panels for the ones they destroyed.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I try to be positive, but damn, those need to be taken behind the barn and shot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts