Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't post here too often, but I came across a problem when chanigng my transmission fluid today. To make the long story short, my jack and front actuator did play well with each other (I thought I was on the frame rail, but the jack must have moved). Anyway, any suggestion how to remove this sucker out of the housing?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Can you grab it with channel locks? If not try driving a squared screw driver in it and put a wrench or cresent on it. You may be able to put some needle nose plies inside it and hold them open and get the to catch on something to help back it out.

·
Super Moderator
3,622 Posts
That is a tough one. Maybe get a chisel and lightly tap it with a hammer in different locations to see if it will start to spin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. One last question, is it worth going to the u-pull-it yard for one of these? The one yard around here charges $11 for one vs about $70 for a new one on Rock Auto. From what I saw, the same one is used on the full size trucks.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I have the tube if u need one. It's in my storage unit. Just put new bearings in it. I don't know if a full size will work. One for an h3 will tho. If u need it message me.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Yet another reason why I'm glad I haz no 4x4

·
Super Moderator
3,622 Posts
Glad you got it out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts