Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i put my intake on it keeps blowing off and throwing the p0171 code i have a hose clamp on it. maybe i need a better quality hose?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have hose clamps on both sides tightened like a mofo. if it blows again i guess i'll just cap the intake tube and put a filter on the valvecover.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's blowing off on the intake tube side. i don't think i would blow a filter off unles the filter gets clogged?

·
Registered
563 Posts
if you put a filter on there it wont blow off... its sucking in air.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Putting a filter on that valve cover vent line is absolutely the wrong thing to do.
Think about it and get back to me with the answer why that is wrong to do.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Putting a filter on that valve cover vent line is absolutely the wrong thing to do.

x2. I wonder why it keeps blowing off though - there should not be a lot of pressure. It's probably a cheap hose - possibly too short.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
x2. I wonder why it keeps blowing off though - there should not be a lot of pressure. It's probably a cheap hose - possibly too short.
If I am correct in saying, it is a knock off AEM kit?? They provide real cheap ass hoses.. Probably not even the correct size. It needs to go on real snug like. I do not even have hose clamps on my K&N breather line and it stays on there by itself. :naughty:

·
Registered
563 Posts
why would it be the wrong thing? in the stock system or any intake system with the hose on the valve cover vent hose takes in filtered air from the intake.

putting on a filter on the vent would also take in filtered air (but from the atmosphere instead of the intake. but you would have to plug the hole on the intake side.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
why would it be the wrong thing? in the stock system or any intake system with the hose on the valve cover vent hose takes in filtered air from the intake.

putting on a filter on the vent would also take in filtered air (but from the atmosphere instead of the intake. but you would have to plug the hole on the intake side.

Actually - the intake creates vacuum and sucks the gases from the crankcase into the incoming air to prevent it from escaping into the atmosphere. Not the other way around.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts

Filtered air that is metered or un metered by the MAF sensor?

Why would you plug the PCV line on the intake manifold side to put on a filter on the exhaust manifold side? What purpose would this serve anyone?

Actually - the intake creates vacuum and sucks the gases from the crankcase into the incoming air to prevent it from escaping into the atmosphere. Not the other way around.
Ahhhh some debate has started... Coffee talk.. :naughty: :ugh:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Filtered air that is metered or un metered by the MAF sensor?

Why would you plug the PCV line on the intake manifold side to put on a filter on the exhaust manifold side? What purpose would this serve anyone?

Ahhhh some debate has started... Coffee talk.. :naughty: :ugh:

:D

I promise that is the purpose of the hose.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
don't be a douche just tell me. I did it yesterday anyhow and it through a code today but my friend that had the pocket scanner left for SC while I was at work today. so i have no idea what the fuck is going on if someone doesn't give me a straight answer soon i'm going back to stock, although i don't want to. my truck def has a lot of pressure building for someoreason because i had the hose clamped on there tight as fuck.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
don't be a douche just tell me. I did it yesterday anyhow and it through a code today but my friend that had the pocket scanner left for SC while I was at work today. so i have no idea what the fuck is going on if someone doesn't give me a straight answer soon i'm going back to stock, although i don't want to. my truck def has a lot of pressure building for someoreason because i had the hose clamped on there tight as fuck.
Pics of your intake and hose

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
there is no hose on it right now, just a fiiter on the valve cover and a plug on the intake tube it didn't blow the plug off and it still threw a code today.

when i had the tube on there with hose clamps tight as fuck it was blowing the tube off for like 3 days straight.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
there is no hose on it right now, just a fiiter on the valve cover and a plug on the intake tube it didn't blow the plug off and it still threw a code today.

that shouldn't make it read p0171

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Right but the crankcase vent hose sucks air from the crankcase,so if the hole on the intake is obstructed,it could make it blow off.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts