Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just cleaned my truck out recently and i changed my seating height and distance (power seats) and i left them high and closer and i noticed that it felt better around corner in overall steering feel im only 175lb and i have never had leverage scew my handling in car also goes over bumps better if you add atleast 50lbs to the bed. Is this normal?
Crew cab stock height.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your post is a little hard to read without punctuation, but if adding weight to your bed is improving the handling, you probably need to replace your rear shocks.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The closer you move toward the front of the truck, the less you will feel rear end sway and rear suspension up/down travel. Did you ever sit on the back seat of a school bus when it went over a bump? Well, there you go! Also, adding weight in the back reduces up/down movement of the rear end. Replacing the rear shocks, as mentioned above, will help decrease the travel up/down of the rear end when you go over bumps too. But hey - whatever makes your truck ride better to you, go for it!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a 2010 ex cab, and replaced the rear springs, bushings and shocks soon after purchasing it(used with 130k miles). It did most certainly make the rear end ride far, far, far harsher until I put three 80pound bags of sand in the bed between the wheel wells, now it rides smooth as silk. The Colorado is after all a truck and that type of ride and addition of the weight in back for a smoother ride is to be expected like any other pickup truck since the very first pickup truck was put on the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2010 ex cab, and replaced the rear springs, bushings and shocks soon after purchasing it(used with 130k miles). It did most certainly make the rear end ride far, far, far harsher until I put three 80pound bags of sand in the bed between the wheel wells, now it rides smooth as silk. The Colorado is after all a truck and that type of ride and addition of the weight in back for a smoother ride is to be expected like any other pickup truck since the very first pickup truck was put on the road.
Yeah mine just hit 114 but it lived it first half of its life in alaska. No rust though.
The closer you move toward the front of the truck, the less you will feel rear end sway and rear suspension up/down travel. Did you ever sit on the back seat of a school bus when it went over a bump? Well, there you go! Also, adding weight in the back reduces up/down movement of the rear end. Replacing the rear shocks, as mentioned above, will help decrease the travel up/down of the rear end when you go over bumps too. But hey - whatever makes your truck ride better to you, go for it!
yeah as a kid we had this bump on our bous route we would wait for and it would send us flying lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts