Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2005 Chevy Colorado with really low miles, but it's got a strange issue. when I turn on a blinker in either direction the brake light on the oposite side also flashes. I only noticed this because any time you have the cruise control set the blinker will turn it off. Im told theres a short between the blinkers and the brake lights somewhere which kills the cruise control. Anyone had this issue? anyone know where to start?

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Just bought a 2005 Chevy Colorado with really low miles, but it's got a strange issue. when I turn on a blinker in either direction the brake light on the oposite side also flashes. I only noticed this because any time you have the cruise control set the blinker will turn it off. Im told theres a short between the blinkers and the brake lights somewhere which kills the cruise control. Anyone had this issue? anyone know where to start?

Funny I got myself a 08 Colorado with 75,000 miles and my wipers turn on by themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My work truck is a 2013 ford f-250 that randomly turns the wipers on at full speed. there's no way to turn them off until they decide to turn off by themselves. We've gone through a lot of wiper blades.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Electrical gremlins on these trucks are usually caused by bad grounding. Make sure all your grounding points are clean and tight, especially the blocks on both inner fenders.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
OP; Does the truck have all stock bulbs/lighting, or did PO install any aftermarket lighting (e.g. LEDs)?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Thanks man! I replaced some LED bulbs with standard ones and it solved the issue! Thanks again!
No prob...glad it solved your issue. Seems like the LED/STD mix was causing issues...these trucks have "sensitive" electrical systems. Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts