Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had been looking for ideas all over on how put subs in the back without a box sitting on the back seat. I didn't want to go with shallow mounts or with 8 inchers, or modify my seat area at all. I still wanted to be able to put both my children's car seats there but didn't necessarily require adults to sit back there. So here it is...The box will house two kicker solobaric L7 10's. The box will be built using an aero port design and tuned to right at 34 hertz. approx 1.38 cuft of volume per side. I will also be adding plexi and LED accent lighting.

Attachments

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
If your taking up all the leg space and making the rear seats useless why not just rip them out and open up options even more.... Ok I see the car seat comment now. Gotcha. I don't think anyone on here has done a design like that yet. Idk how old your kids are but I see those ports being French fry portals to another world lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Maybe drilling new bolts through the floor board in place of the existing rear seat bolts and making them taller putting spacers to give more room under the seat? ;) that head room tho

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is no eating in papa's truck, otherwise yeah...they would be french fry traps. I've been kicking around all kinda ideas to keep it more usable and I like this one the best for my situation. I hopefully will be starting the build in the next couple weeks or so. I'm also open to design improvements from the forum.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
96 Posts
this is just an idea, i haven't really thought of the specs yet, but would one 10inch or even 12inch sub get better air space than two 10s? because one sub with the best required air space is better than two subs with less than optimal air space, in my opinion of course.
but then again it all depends on whether you already have the subs or the specs don't work out that way.. idk juts a brainstorm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already have the subs. The minimum airspace for a 10 inch is 1.25 in a ported box. Right now I'm at a true 1.38. That's minus all the bracing and the displacement of the sub. Actually that's a conservative number.. I'm probably a little closer to 1.45-1.50

·
Nation Citizen
3,022 Posts
I'm in to see this come together. I like Mike Beats idea of one 12 having more airspace. Your idea of the box is great and there's no problems with it at all. Except for me I need the leg space back there. But it gives me an idea of one 12, but only taking up the leg space on one side.

·
Registered
96 Posts
yeah ive just heard systems with 2 12's in too small of a box and one 12, (same sub) but correct air space and it hit way harder..but again its just an opinion,
i am also excited to see what comes from this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts