Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
not sure if there's already a thread on this or not. I couldn't find one.
but I'm thinking about getting the kit soon and would like to know if there's anything extra that you had to do, like trimming or mods for the kit or if it just bolts right up and your good to go? I'm probably gonna run 17x8 wheel with 33x11.50 (285/75) tires and put in 4.10 gears. also is there a write up on this kit? and is is a good kit to run? and what about pinion angle? it says it comes with carrier bearing brackets, but will that correct it correctly?

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
Pinion should be fine unless your lifting the back way more than the front. I ran about 5" of rear lift with stock driveshaft and pinion angle and no issues.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll go with those then. they will still look good on a 5" lift?
it doesn't really sound like I'm gonna have any difficulties with this kit, just gotta put it on.

·
PBR TIME
625 Posts
i have that lift. i like it. i think you have to cut a 1/2 inch of the carrier bearing and have the plate they give you welded on. i did. other them that its not bad did it by my self.you get new blake lines for the front in the kit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have that lift. i like it. i think you have to cut a 1/2 inch of the carrier bearing and have the plate they give you welded on. i did. other them that its not bad did it by my self.you get new blake lines for the front in the kit.
sweet! that's not gonna be bad then. I was thinking about getting shackles to go with it and adding the coil spring spacer when I do it. now gotta figure out shocks

·
Fred Savage
1,607 Posts
I have the same lift and the tire size you're looking at if you want a visual. As said, you'll need extended brake lights in the front. For the rear I did shackles and added a leaf. And I've got Rancho RS5325 shocks in the rear.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the same lift and the tire size you're looking at if you want a visual. As said, you'll need extended brake lights in the front. For the rear I did shackles and added a leaf. And I've got Rancho RS5325 shocks in the rear.
what shocks are you running in the front?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts