1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Do you have any more info on it? Very cool videos. after watching them both I want to know the cost of this and if everything still works.

Edit: Just looked it up and everything works on it. This just totally pumped me up

·
Registered
273 Posts
It all depends on what year truck you have . And what year engine to installing in order to make all the gauges and odometer work . I had to use a 05 ssr pcm/program because I used a 24x reluctor ring engine . The newer engines are the 58x tooth ring. You need to call Jared to see which engine would be more compatible with you truck before you buy one .

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
It all depends on what year truck you have . And what year engine to installing in order to make all the gauges and odometer work . I had to got with a 05 ssr pcm/program because I used a 24x reluctor ring engine . The newer engines are the 58x tooth ring. You need to call Jared to see which engine would be more compatible with you truck before you buy one .
will do man. I'm going to call my mechanic and talk to him about it also. I'll probably end up having him talk to Jared too since I have no clue what involved in swapping any type of engine.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
I love the way the do the wiring harness man so cleannnnn.
Agreed. They will be finishing my harness up.

My motor came with a stand alone harness, so I will send it to Jared and have him mod it to work like Joe's or LS1Blazer's harness. Still will end up being cheaper then a whole new harness.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The top one was actually done by a shop in like Minnesota or something, he just had the truck taken to Current Performance for the wiring, then he drove it back home. This is all from memory of reading his thread on LS1Tech...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts