Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'05 crew cab Canyon, swapping to 6.0 L96Vortex
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 3.5 months since I placed my pre-paid order with CPP to build me a V8 engine swap harness for my '05 crew cab Z71 Canyon. I talked to Josh as he said once they programed the computer (E-67) and TCM yesterday they would ship it out. Vortex L96 6.0 engine from a 2018 Silverado going in it. Engine is presently stock 360hp with 380 torque.

I'm using the original 4L60e until it gives me problems. The Canyon/Colorado has a passenger side transfer case which limits what tranny/TC I can use.
Geoff

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have seen many mentions of their custom harnesses here and other places. Hadn't researched it yet, but was hoping they were still in business and offering this service. 3.5 months seems like a long wait time?? Was that what they originally quoted? What did it end up costing you?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The harness itself costs $1050, upgraded lomb $50. Then there are the extras that you will have to get as part of the swap, most of which are listed on their website.

I was told 12-14 week build time for the harness, so they are on time. I think now the wait time is 14-18 weeks. And you can't bribe them to do it quicker.

There are other companies that build harnesses, and eBay has some ready built ones for the most popular swaps.

But CPP builds them for our Canyon Colorado so all the gauges work.

Geoff

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad you posted, I never would have guessed the lead time being that long. Will definitely keep that in mind when I get ready to start the swap. Good luck on yours!

·
Registered
104 Posts
a great service for sure as modern electronics involved with engine swaps are prolly the biggest PITA, even though mechanicals need a good mechanic or DIYER those electronics are surely harder to get properly sorted!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't even figure out Windows 10 much less a completely new automotive electronic control system that changes every year.

I never wanted to drive a laptop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts