Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I know I read somewhere that someone was making custom exhausts for our trucks. all stainless with a stainless high flow cat right off the manifold cat and a magnafow muffler with a dump at the axle. But now I can't figure out where I read it. Does anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Goto a custom exhaust shop and see what they can do for you... a lot of places will work with you and listen to exactly what you want done. DONT GOTO MIDAS and DONT GOTO SOME BIG CHAIN for custom work. :)

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
:yeahthat:

I know who it is you're thinking of, and for the price you can get it done locally and know it will fit right. Also, if it is who I'm thinking of then I personally wouldn't do business with them due to experiences had by other members.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
That's the route I went, and the route I would suggest. The stock piping is already 2.5". These trucks aren't some high horsepower machines that require a big diameter exhaust.

It's also much cheaper...:high5:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the route I went, and the route I would suggest. The stock piping is already 2.5". These trucks aren't some high horsepower machines that require a big diameter exhaust.

It's also much cheaper...:high5:

Does the stock muffler go b4 the axle currently?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Yes, the stock muffler is before the axle.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
If you're thinking about just going with a magnaflow muffler, I can give you the part # of the one that will clamp/weld right in.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're thinking about just going with a magnaflow muffler, I can give you the part # of the one that will clamp/weld right in.

Now is that the magnaflow that I can just cut the stock muffler off and put the new muffler in with a dump on the end? If so let me know on that part number

·
Registered
24 Posts
Magnaflow is ok...but they blow out faster than a flowmaster. :shrug:

Have you heard different exhausts for our trucks?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Magnaflow is ok...but they blow out faster than a flowmaster. :shrug:

Have you heard different exhausts for our trucks?
Blow out? Whats that mean?

I've had my magnaflow for at least 70,000 miles and it's still perfect.

·
Registered
358 Posts
i have flowmaster 80 series with new piping from the cat back. i love the sound of it

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm pretty sure our secondary cat, not the one in the manifold, is high flow just like it is, so spending a lot on a high flow cat may just not be worth the extra you might get.

The gutting of the manifold cat is a must, as I think it provides as much gain as a whole performance catback exhaust would give you. Both together would be the best.

I'd like to find a semi-quiet muffler that would give as much flow as the loud ones.

·
Registered
92 Posts
why not just have a shop bend you up a custom set up , single inlet muffler with dual tailpipes , i cut mine at the flange behind the second cat and have a 2 chamber V force muffler ( same as original 40 series flowmaster ) with dual 2 1/4 tail pipes nice clean sound not too much cab resonance ( spelling ?)
looks great with duals im not too keen on gutting my cat yet ive got 5/5 year warranty id like to keep it when i do i`ll just build a header for it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts