Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a hidden hitch but come to find out that StreetScene discontinued the product and I can't find anybody else that produces them.

How many of you have created a custom hitch receiver and is there any chance you have any fab or working drawings I can give to my guy to weld together?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I will be building one for my roll pan to fit behind the plate. hitch will have a receiver for the plate , and a 2 tube bumper for when im parking in DC. (people there park by feel) my plans will not work for most. (my 04 has been channeled 3) IMO if you have a fabricator...well...Hitches are easy to build just order a receiver socket off e-bay or something and tell him to make it fit and handle your desired weight. If he cant...time to get a new fabricator. just my opinion.

·
Registered
329 Posts
04, I know it's still listed on their website, it's also still listed several other places online where they buy direct. Call directly and they're discontinued.
I apologize then. I don't have access to solidworks anymore, or I'd draw something up quick.

Should be pretty simple, I don't have one to measure, but i'd assume the "bracket section" is 1/4 or 3/8 plate, with a few holes drilled in it, to align to factory holes. I noticed that all of them have a tab on top.

If it were me, i'd use square tube instead of round for the crossmember. and just make sure it clears the spare tire and the backside of the bumper. Weld a standard hitch plate in the center, fab roll pan if you want it hidden 100%

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Trailer hitch is in my may upgrades at the moment.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I had to mod my hidden hitch to fit my steel roll pan
and mod my frame rails for it to slide in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: Got 3 different quotes for work and they ranged from $500 to $997. I pulled off the existing bumper brackets that wrapped the frame rails to measure. They are 1/8" thick, 44-3/8" apart when they are attached to their factory location, and i have 3.5" before they come into my roll pan.

Potential plan is to cut them down before the roll pan, weld a 2" square tube high on the inside and a receiver welded on the bottom(or 2" square tube low and receiver high, not sure how it will fit behind the SS pan)

My questions is... Do I need to worry about the 1/8" brackets? Looking for MAYBE 500 lb tongue weight. Or should I just find some scrap and make a 1/4" bracket myself?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts