Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so tonight i made the prototype intake, man that was fun lol.... came out good but i forgot the digi cam and the friggin shop bLAh$#@%% so have to wait for tommarow for those...

so as far as performance lol it was 1am when i finished, so i said f-it and headed out, have to be up for my first job at 6am... joy, so tommarow justin will probably tune it hopefully he said he figured out some other stuff with the 93 octane tune we are making for the truck.. and lets just say.... it appears the maf definatly needs to be recalibrated.... the friggin truck was gargling like i had a friggin massive cam in it, as well as i used a little under a quarter tank of gas to get home... ( i live 7-10 miles from the shop) hahaha

so since the maf needs to be retuned im hoping that might mean there is some power to be had in the beast, either way... that friggin thing sounds mean!!!

so tommarow pics and MABE dyno tuned results!!!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
can't wait no more .. demand pics now..

jk man

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
nice man, let me know when you want me to come over to the shop again

oh and hows the computer acting for ya?

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
the intake is actually a nice design, though not super pretty like the AEM (unless he polished it lol) but it definately makes more sense than the way the AEM tube is shaped.... you will see... its still cool though and hopefully will show good gains

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so, we had to add 40 percent more fuel at idle, and its still just a hair rough, but drives fine. we still need to get it up on the dyno for a full tune session, but it got late today so im just gonna dyno it and see what its at with the current tune we have in it on 93octane

comp is finally running good thanks to skizzo.

me and skizzo where talking and apparently the aem intake is 3inch pipe aswell which strikes me as odd that it works perfectally fine with the stock ecu settings, not sure what the deal is there, cuz thats all i am using is 3 inch tubing

cant post the pics right now, just looked for the card reader :( guess its at home

this is just a prototype its not anything fancy lol threw it together in very little time last night

ok gonna go strap down the truck and do some pulls!!

·
0 Posts
Awesome man...I really appreciate you keeping us updated...

Can't wait to see the creation you made! If the numbers are there you just might have to put me down for one (when I get some dough, haha)!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so, serial to usb is f-ing gay, basically the dyno controls run of serial ports, so i dont have serial on my laptop so i use a serial to usb convert cable... it keeps blue screening my laptop, lost like 3 or 4 dyno runs. friggin stupid shit, and i couldnt get the load control to work, so basically im not sure how accurate my results are, but best was 202hp 20X tq, and lowest was like 197, this is with a filter on, no real tuning for the new maf housing, the thing was running seriously lean at wot like 13.5+ so im sure it was pulling out a shitload of timeing, and since the comp was f-ing up so much that damn the truck got heat soaked... and it florida gawd i was sweating bullets today, so basically not a grand day. my laptop is in the dining room, so ill grab it here in an hour or so and throw up some pics.!

sorry for the half assed update but im beat!

Also, what is the cheapest you guys are able to find the AEM bruteforce intakes for?

im now a distributor for AEM/DC SPORT products, as well as Goodmark hoods, and many other brands so let me know if you guys want something. ill give you an excellent deal.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well truck is back up on the dyno, going to do some tuning today, see what happens. will post results later!

we wont be using my laptop today :-D so everything should be better

·
0 Posts
Yes, serial to usb is always a headache, it makes baby jesus cry...

It looks awesome man and with some paint that would look real clean! I can't wait to see some tuned results...weeee

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
ok so, serial to usb is f-ing gay, basically the dyno controls run of serial ports, so i dont have serial on my laptop so i use a serial to usb convert cable...
technically... USB is serial... universal serial bus :) lol

just had to do it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts