Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done custome leather seats from their current seats?

I have a friend at work that is paying $1200 for custom double stitched leather for his Nissan. So it got me thinking... I could do the same and skip the double stitching, but get better bolstering for the front 2 seats. I wouldnt have to go through the hassle of H3 electric/heated leather to get better bolstering. Plus I get my choice of color.

If you have done custom work, post some pictures. I think I want to consider this ave. and get black with a white centers that carry the exterior to the exterior. Then paint my interior vents and select trim bits white to match the exterior as well. I would get a H3 center console cussion as well. Maybe even recover the door panel inserts in some white leather to match the seats.

Just an insomnia induced interior design wet dream. Would be nice to get the seats reworked to my comfort specs. Probably cost more tban the $1200 though.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Hey I have custom leather seats in my crew cab. They were a birthday gift from my wife this year. My truck is victory red so my seats are black with the center done in red with the Chevy bowtie emblem in the upper cushion. I'll get some pics in the morning as it is midnight here now. They cost $1500 complete.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Here is the pics of my upholstery. They are not the best quality as I took them with my phone and in the sun too.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Those seats are really freaking sweet BigR. I want the H3 power seats but after seeing your seats it might not matter the condition and color, I might just buy them and get something done like you did.

Seriously, those seats are fucking awesome. :th_woot:

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Are those Katskin, or a custom job?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Are those Katskin, or a custom job?
These were custom done by a local upholstery shop in my area. Turned out to be a sweet birthday gift from my wife.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Those seats are really freaking sweet BigR. I want the H3 power seats but after seeing your seats it might not matter the condition and color, I might just buy them and get something done like you did.

Seriously, those seats are fucking awesome. :th_woot:
Thanks man, I really like them too.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
If anyone is interested, here is a how-to to install a Katzkin kit on Mustang seats.
This video shows step-by-step how it's done. Quite a bit of work.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Thats Chris from Motorz TV they do a lot of projects on their show for do it yourselves in your garage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts