Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about buying a new K&N intake kit designed for my 3.7L but when I found out that K&N did not provide a full kit (w/o the OEM resonator), I decided to make my battle proven K&N 57 series intake work on my new 2008 Canyon. I also have the itch to mod, so it would not have been as fun to just bolt in a plug and play kit out of the box...

I used The Wolf!'s SSK MAF Adapter plate to allow my new 3.7L MAF to fit the 3.5L K&N tube to retain the OEM MAF setup in the PCM.

I have the HP Tuner at my disposal and that was very important for real live data on whether or not this retro fit intake would work with the new 2008 3.7L design (PCM, MAF, airbox design). Everything installed with no problems and I did a full custom HP Tuning to match the '08 PCM to the 57 series intake. A complete success and a lot more power/response now! Plus the engine area looks a little better. :high5:

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
nice man..gotta love custom

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I am proud of this one and the results I got from it.

I am working a HOW TO on this. It will apply to the 07 and 08's. Feel free to ask any questions in the meantime if you are interested. :355:

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
good job

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how's the writeup coming?

what'd you do with the AIR line?
I can PM you what I have done so far if you are interested in installing the K&N 57 series on your truck. The HP Tuner is needed to rescale the MAF, so you are good to go.

This is how I dealt with the AIR pump:

very nice,way to use your head.
Thanks bro. :355:

·
the guy that always on
3,237 Posts
Re: Custom Retrofit K&N 57 series 3.5L intake to 2008 3.7L

There is an adaptor made by ssk that allows use of the new maf in and intake for 06 and older. I haven't seen one for using new intake on older truck. From what I've been told the new and old style sensors read out the same so you may be able to use the new maf and change the connector. Don't take my word for this. I'm unsure but I remember reading that not too long ago

·
Registered
75 Posts
I modified a 3.7 K&N for my 3.5. I drilled out the mounting plate on the plastic intake for my 3.5 sensor to bolt up and had to apply silicone type sealer around the edges of the sensor to make sure it was airtight, since the surface wasn't quite flat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts