Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Custom sub enclosure/console

8K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Flatman 
#1 ·
Ok so as the school year ends im pumped that i'll have time to work on some mods and make some money. my first thing is going to be getting my new center console/sub enclosure built.

heres what im going to take a stab at:

if you have and tips, ideas, or comments its def appreciated!:355:

See less See more
#5 ·
haha yeh measure 2 (if not 3) times and cut once!! lol. im debating if i want to carpet the whole thing or attempt to put something over it and paint it. what you guys think?

#8 ·
well the sub enclosure part will end up getting covered with carpet for sure but im not sure if i want to continue the carpeting all the way down the console or have that part painted to match the dash pieces.

heres a pic to give you an idea of what the dash looks like:

i think a light gray fabric (the same i will use on the sub enclosure) would look good and then i'll prob paint the accents that are in the console, i.e. cupholders, handles, mounts for the armrest, etc...

#9 ·
ok so i was driving today and realized the taurus console is totally dope. i think i might just be reupholstering the console, painting the sides of it to match the rest and then just building a new sub enclosure and amp/cap mount. hmm...maybe an overhead console and reupholstering the headliner and sunvisors while im at it?

#11 ·
wheres the fun if you dont do it urself? i always try to do things myself. if that doesnt work out then i'll pay someone.

#12 ·
ok so i was working on all these plans to build a center console/sub box for my reg cab then i got around to thinking functionality not just looks and what would work for me.

here was my list of goals for the new setup:
*i have a ford taurus center which i cant part with lol
*i reallllly wanted room to store things behind the seats
*be able to have the wiring,amp, and capacitor tucked away somewhat

so i decided on a simple box instead of something extravagant. started working on building the box and decided i was too down to business to take tons of building pics...sorry guys.

heres the final product tho:

the box is 30"long x 14" high x 5" deep. its mounted to the rear cab wall with two extended bolts that originally held the jack in there( highly recommending that everyone does that)

-Brad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.