Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one of those cut off valves online. Im trying to figure out where im going to put it. If i do it before the cat it will probably run weird and screw up the o2 sensor. We have 2 cats on our truck so im wondering do we have an 02 sensor on both? If the 02 sensor is only on the first one could i bypass the second? Anybody with experience on exhaust regarding the canyon?

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Just throwing out my 02 on this, you could put it before your cat and run a secondary performance exhaust, then leave your stock and you can then switch from performance to stock when ever you like. I don't think it will change anything as far as how the engine runs, you will just get a check engine light every time you bypass the cat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not. Id like to hear my ride. These things a real quiet stock. There is obvious advantage to bypass the cat but im not sure if its worth it with all of the california smog restrictions

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
have you heard an i4/5 open header? they sound terrible.. build a good exhaust that sounds good at all rpms and enjoy the noise of that.

...who am i kidding? put that cut out right after the gutted cat at the ex manifold. but your check engine light will come on due to know ex flowing over the o2 sensors

·
Registered
470 Posts
Not talking shit bro just interested in the reason. Performance, sound, or just cause. When you do it post up pics and vids of it.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
have you heard an i4/5 open header? they sound terrible.. build a good exhaust that sounds good at all rpms and enjoy the noise of that.

...who am i kidding? put that cut out right after the gutted cat at the ex manifold. but your check engine light will come on due to know ex flowing over the o2 sensors
I am currently running a cutout right after my header and it sounds awesome. No it doesn't sound like a V8 but I get nothing but compliments on the sound with the cutout open.

Not talking shit bro just interested in the reason. Performance, sound, or just cause. When you do it post up pics and vids of it.
I have 2 or 3 videos here under the 3.5 section that show my open header cutout but they were taken with a phone so it isn't quite the same as in person. In person it sounds even better.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Are you in sac? I'm running a primary cat delete with a flow master 10 series my truck is loud. I would go with a flowmaster 10 series running no exhaust sounds super ricey at higher Rpms. I've been thru 4 different exhausts already. trust me when I say the 10 series sounds the best and is my far the loudest.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Are you in sac? I'm running a primary cat delete with a flow master 10 series my truck is loud. I would go with a flowmaster 10 series running no exhaust sounds super ricey at higher Rpms. I've been thru 4 different exhausts already. trust me when I say the 10 series sounds the best and is my far the loudest.

Do you have any vids?? I've been trying to see what out trucks spud like with the 10 series

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I saw some 10 series on youtube. Allthough i also saw some without any muffler and sounded good too

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts