Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Youngen!
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever cut a set of belltech pro coils? I'm trying to fix my chevy lean and this is my only way to. I need about 1" of drop on the passenger side? So anyone do it? Cut 1/2 of a coil or a full coil off? Don't tell me not to don't tell me it's not safe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
Don't do it :kiki: :fugrin:

Half a coil should do the job, anything more then half a coil is not advised though.......changes the spring rate to much

·
Youngen!
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't do it :kiki: :fugrin:

Half a coil should do the job, anything more then half a coil is not advised though.......changes the spring rate to much

I need to change my chevy lean lol. I was thinking 1/2 a coil would do it well. I just want it some what level lll.

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
when i had the belltech 4203 coils i cut them.. i think i did 1/2 and 3/4 of a coil to level it out.. never had an issue :shrug:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
For a RC a half coil should do the job

·
Youngen!
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I was thinking. Gonna try to find time to do so and put my helper springs back on so I can get the rear down a little more then the stance should be perfect

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
Yeah my c notch is going in on the 17th; then if time permits, the BT leafs and shocks will go it. That should have me right around 26" in the rear

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
6" or 7" drop on the rear?

Well on I have 3" blocks on my ZQ8 leafs = 4"

I will gain 2" with the Belltech leafs and I'm keeping the 3" blocks.......6" would be the actual drop now

I need to turn the coilovers down about a .5" to match the rear

1 - 14 of 14 Posts