Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I switched my cv axle with a masterpro mp1418 from oreily’s, when the trucks jacked up the cv axle binds, when it’s down it spins, going down the road I can hear it clicking in a sharp turn. I’ve checked a few times and this one says it’s for my truck 08 LS 2.9 4x4. Any idea if it’s common on this brand and any recommendations for new one?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sounds like the first replacement cv was defective from the remanufacturer, probably not a too uncommon occurance with rebuilt cv's, I know I have had a few in the past.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took it back out and put in a 1a auto one, it acted like it was locked when it came out, no problems from the 1a auto one
Make sure the axle splined shaft is fully seated into the diff and locked in place.
Sounds like the first replacement cv was defective from the remanufacturer, probably not a too uncommon occurance with rebuilt cv's, I know I have had a few in the past.
According to the company and box it was a new part, I kinda wonder if they forgot to grease something, doesn’t make to big of a difference they returned it, and the online one was cheaper anyway so works out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts