Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just regear my front diff to 4.10s with new seals, bearings, and cv axles. I already had a 1 inch front diff drop and a max crank on my TBars. And my new CV boots look like hell all bunched up crap. Just destined to blow out again bc its rubbing against itself. I'm thinking about removing the clamp on the upper boot and moving it down, closer to the other boot, and replacing the stainless strap/clamp with a replacement from AutoZone. Has any done this with any advice?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just had that very same thought. I wonder if they will cut with a snip from sharp dikes or would a Dreamel work better.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks rodeo, that's interesting, one of the limitations we have by dropping the diff all the way down is the A-arms will contact the upper part of the cv axle during suspension flex.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
362 Posts
looks good, hope these last you, i was just lookin at mine think its about time to replace mine as well still ok but have close to 75k on her, love preventive maintenance

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a 1inch spacer on there now. I decide I'm going to make 1.5 spacers. that would leave 2 inches from my A-arm. and 2 inchs between A-arm and bump stop. So I won't have cv axle A-arm contact at full front flex.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Screaming for a diff drop for sure.........the shafts and hubs no likey those angles

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Looks a little better

Is the boot pulled so tightly that it can't flex with the suspension cycling?
I have a 1inch spacer on there now. I decide I'm going to make 1.5 spacers. that would leave 2 inches from my A-arm. and 2 inchs between A-arm and bump stop. So I won't have cv axle A-arm contact at full front flex.

What spacers are you referring to? Differential spacers?

Will the new bolts be long enough for that thick of a spacer?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yes differential spacers, and no the bolt won't b long enough. Good thing I know where they sell longer grade 8 bolts. No worries the boots will move while the cv angle changes

What other spacer do u think I would b referring to, 08canyon?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I didn't feel like rereading the thread, wondered if you were also doing ball joint spacers. But that is another active thread going on in parallel to this one.

No worries about the bolt, just making sure you were aware. The Stage II kit from SMAXX included longer hardware, also didn't know if that was you who has that kit.

There are a few threads all semi-related going on and I was confused and didn't want to read through.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts