Year : 2005
Make : Chevy
Model : Colorado
Chassis : Extended Cab "Xtreme"
Color : Victory White
Motor : 3.5L I5
Odometer : 103,000 miles
Purchased : September, 2005

I'm going to use this thread as my truck page. I'm also going to be looking for suggestions from you guys on helping me pick out some new upgrades for my truck.

This post will be my main post.

PICS COMING SOON!

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Re: CX_05's 2005 Colorado Xtreme

Interior

My current project that I just finished, almost besides some cleaning, was upgrading my factory stereo to a DVD receiver and finally getting an upgrade in the speaker department.

CX_05 said:
Polk Audio DB6501 Component System(for the front doors) / Polk Audio DB651s(for the rear doors) / Pioneer AVH - P4400BH DVD receiver

CX_05 said:
Factory stereo out. What a mess lol.

CX_05 said:
6 1/2 Polk Audio DB6501 mounted in the door

CX_05 said:
Had to do some customizing to make the Polk Audio tweeters fit. I think it looks good!

CX_05 said:
Polk Audio DB651s in the extended cab doors

Heres a closeup.

CX_05 said:
Pioneer installed

Listening to some Foo Fighters via my iPhone! Love this receiver!

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts

Not sure anyone has the piranha style you have listed as B. I say go that route for something different. But whatever you decide to go with, be sure to post pics. Also, no need to save post spots on your own build thread. Just update the original post with the new info, but then again, it's your thread so you can do as you please.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Not sure anyone has the piranha style you have listed as B. I say go that route for something different. But whatever you decide to go with, be sure to post pics.
The Pirana style is very different and that usually draws me more to something lol. Different is good.

BlackZQ8 said:
Also, no need to save post spots on your own build thread. Just update the original post with the new info, but then again, it's your thread so you can do as you please.
I understand but I'm kind of a neat freak lol. I'll probably keep the OP for my ideas for my next project/upgrade and the other two for pictures of what's been done already.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts

I would keep the xtreme bumper, that's just me

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts

Understood. I see you know your way around forums. You split one quote into two, that shows me you know what your doing here. I'll be in for updates :D

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Understood. I see you know your way around forums. You split one quote into two, that shows me you know what your doing here. I'll be in for updates :D
Yeah, I've been around the block a time or two. :D That's what she said.

I'm use to these v.bulletin forums. Wish we had some spoiler tags up in this mother. It would make my Interior and Exterior threads more neat lol.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
Are those recent shots of the head unit? I have the 4400 also, and ever since I upgraded my iPhone to iOS6 it won't show all the track info thru bluetooth. Are you using Pandora via BT in that pic?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are those recent shots of the head unit? I have the 4400 also, and ever since I upgraded my iPhone to iOS6 it won't show all the track info thru bluetooth. Are you using Pandora via BT in that pic?
Yes, I took those pictures yesterday. I've not upgraded to iOS6 yet, still on 5.1.1 because I use the older version of Maps a lot for work. In that last pic I'm using BT but not Pandora, just playing the song from the music app since I purchased it on iTunes.

Let me ask you since you have the same unit. Have you bypassed the parking brake so you can watch as you drive or is it just hooked up legit?

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
Ahh, gotcha. If you do upgrade to 6, you will lose some functions. The HU won't display all that info, and you can only skip tracks with the phone. It has something to do with Apple no longer supporting Parrot Bluetooth technology. I haven't really messed with Pandora on mine since the update. I just plugged in my iPod touch with the cable for music. But I mainly listen to Sirius

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts

So you like the Xtreme bumper? Xtreme bumper plain or use the inserts in the picture in the first post?
Any other bumper u put won't meet up with the fender flares it would be like 1 1/2 short from the flares. I just modified my xtreme bumper a little bit :D

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Any other bumper u put won't meet up with the fender flares it would be like 1 1/2 short from the flares. I just modified my xtreme bumper a little bit :D
Never thought about the fender flares messing everything up. :gd: You have any close up pics of the mods for your bumper?

Any idea how off other bumpers are? This is disappointing news lol.

Also, what do you think about the inserts for the Xtreme bumper in my first post?

·
Boost. Get's you laid.
2,400 Posts
I kinda like the Pirahna front end, just because I've never seen one. You would definatley have something no one else has.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I kinda like the Pirahna front end, just because I've never seen one. You would definatley have something no one else has.
I'm starting to believe I would be the only one in the world with one lol. The searches I've done on Google just turn up the same pic.

I think it looks good but now thanks to (N.L.C) I'm afraid it won't fit. :anger:

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts

Never thought about the fender flares messing everything up. :gd: You have any close up pics of the mods for your bumper?

Any idea how off other bumpers are? This is disappointing news lol.

Also, what do you think about the inserts for the Xtreme bumper in my first post?
This is the only pic i found where bumper and flares dont meet

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
My bumper is xtreme and tbss put together here is a closer pic

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts

1 - 20 of 66 Posts