Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Yall. Just Wanted to help out in case anyone else like my self has or buys a colorado used and is suffering from cheap valve seats. After about 3 weeks for speaking to Chevy HQ and my local dealer i am getting my heads replaced they are not absorbing the full amount they said it will be all but the $760 something that i have to pay for which aint bad considering the head is $980 at my dealership. So i hope this helps someone not loose faith in their rig and to just keep on keepin on.

PS i hope to be alot more active on the site even tho i am new here.

Thanks yall

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was my understanding that within 7years or 100k they replaced it under warranty threw a TSB placed in all data. Was that not the case with you or was it just not widespread then?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had my head replaced at 60,xxx miles in 2010. GM covered 100% of the cost though it took the dealer over a month to do the work. I still have been dealing with my truck since for CELs. Mostly P0300. I talked to the dealer about a month ago and they told me that I am no longer covered anymore even though I am at only 92,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I had my head replaced at 60,xxx miles in 2010. GM covered 100% of the cost though it took the dealer over a month to do the work. ...
A month???
What was their excuse for that?
A (tiny) dealer in western New York did mine in 4-5 hours.
That was in '05 at about 18k miles, I'm at 130k now and all has been good.

·
Registered
125 Posts
my 3.7 just started fuckin up too :/ only 34350mi

·
252,000+ Miles
1,316 Posts
It was my understanding that within 7years or 100k they replaced it under warranty threw a TSB placed in all data. Was that not the case with you or was it just not widespread then?
They covered it, but it was BAD and caused other damage...valve springs, cam, rings, sleeves, etc...

·
Registered
2 Posts
A month???
What was their excuse for that?
A (tiny) dealer in western New York did mine in 4-5 hours.
That was in '05 at about 18k miles, I'm at 130k now and all has been good.
They claimed it was all the paperwork with GM and then waiting for the parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 06', w/150k on her. went to replace the cracked ex/manifold and broke a bolt of in the head( back against the firewall, of course!), could not get it out, took it to the dealer, as I don't have the time, or tools to do it myself. Long story short, machine shop could not remove it(????), had to get new head. after p/u my truk, ran great, no exhaust tick. drove bout 25 mi. parked, and when I restarted, sounded like someone dropped marbles in the engine. sent back to the dealer, broken valve, dead engine, dealer will replace entire engine for no cost to me, good but what a PITA!!!!!!!.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts