Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: Dana 44 Rear Axle Swap

Part#16150 Yukon gear. I couldnt find any part# for the Spicer. If I did I wasn't confident it was correct. So I just went with AutoZone special order, I figured if it didn't work I could return it with no hassle. Yukon is a good quality brand, should hold up well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Updated Post 1 on page 1 with a parts list. Still missing a few things, but I don't like posting a part number unless I've verified the fit.

Also thanks for the Yukon part number. Next time I update the parts list I'll add it to the comments. What year was your dana again?

-Sam

·
Hybrid
5,842 Posts
I don't really post much in the Forums anymore, but I felt the need to express my appreciation to you for all of the valuable information provided in this thread. Although you weren't the "first" person to spend the dollar signs on this idea (Jeep guys have been doing this swap for years :roll: ) you are however, the only person to document a clear and concise list of part numbers that made this swap almost effortless for me. I've read through some of the other *look at how cool I am* threads, but got very little out of it. So again, I thank you Mr. Smith for taking the time in developing this contribution for "the cause".

I'll add a couple tidbits for what it's worth...

The hard brake lines from '99 Honda Passport I salvaged are compatible with the existing proportioning block, and the calipers do clear a 15" wheel.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The hard brake lines from '99 Honda Passport I salvaged are compatible with the existing proportioning block, and the calipers do clear a 15" wheel.
Glad you found it useful and thanks for the additional info! Next time I update the parts list and first post I'll be sure to add it in so folks don't have to look too hard for it.

-Sam

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Ok 2 questions.
1. what did you do to change the pinion yoke flange.
2. did you use the stock driveshaft? are you lifted, stock height?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
1. What did you do to change the pinion yoke flange.
I used a D60 1330 Yoke, seal, and a crush sleeve eliminator that I had made - part numbers are in the first post. You could always stick with the crush sleeve, but I won't reuse them and I think they're a pain in the ass to setup. Keep in mind I used the later D44HD which has a bigger ring gear and pinion.

2. Did you use the stock driveshaft? are you lifted, stock height?
Stock driveshaft with a 1330 U-Joint. Truck was (it was totaled a while back) stock height.

-Sam

21 - 27 of 27 Posts