Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm looking at buying a 2002 Rodeo axle, but I don't want the 4.30 it comes with, will the carrier, gears, and pinion that you have fit? If so, how much for the whole shebang, plus shipping to 13069?

·
the guy that always on
3,236 Posts
I'm looking at buying a 2002 Rodeo axle, but I don't want the 4.30 it comes with, will the carrier, gears, and pinion that you have fit? If so, how much for the whole shebang, plus shipping to 13069?
All Isuzu dana 44s use the thick ring gears and 3:73 wouldn't be thick. The thick gears is just to prevent having a carrier break. However the pinion is different and I believe the ring get is a smidge bigger so it may still not work for ya but for a different reason. Pre 98 ring get is 8.5 post 98 is 8.65 I believe I could be wrong tho. I don't believe these gears will work for you with out a special fit kit. The spool will work tho

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
If you read the thread on Pirate4x4 it shows all the differences between the two. The standard Dana 44 is smaller than the Isuzu Dana 44. The pinion on the I 44 is a crush sleeve style that is a hybrid Dana 44/60.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts