Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a problem this weekend when we headed out to ride my jetski at the lake. as normal i had one trailer brake light out, but figured good enough as the other worked fine. Nearing dark on the way back home we ran through a very heavy down pour. That’s when I noticed the inside lights acting up. When I googled the symptoms, I came up with a bad BCM as the main culprit. Fuses and bulbs were the next possible problem, then wiring. Long story short, my trailer lights were shorted causing the 10 amp tail light fuse in my truck to blow. No idea how or why it also effects the dash and climate control lights. Just thought I pass this info along as these symptoms are exactly the same as a bad/faulty BCM.

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
Does your truck have rpo code bae? That should be the chip in he key? If it has that there is additional module that goes to the bcm and ignition switch. All I can think is that with that missing it wouldn't correctly turn on? And flashing it while it lost ignition bricked it. I don't know If it was your fault at all? It wasn't that much, don't worry about it. Curious why it was doing that? I've programmed 2009-2012. Bcms before with no issue but maybe they didn't have bae?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts