Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'm doing SCIENCE!
486 Posts
I am.

Using an AppRadio 3 and connecting it via MHL to my Galaxy SII, which is running AppRadio Unchained. I've got a Bluetooth OBDII reader semi-permanently mounted behind the 4x4 switch panel. DashCommand is pretty cool, the ability to view codes and clear them is neat, as are the other displays. Although, to be honest, the gas mileage display is really kind of depressing unless you're going down hill. :)

The AppRadio is pretty neat, especially with AppRadio Unchained installed. There are a bunch of neat apps that make trips more interesting. I'm a fan of 'Travel Radar', which shows nearly real-time radar maps around your current location.

Sadly, these apps kill the heck out of my battery on the phone. Charging via MHL provides less voltage than the phone is using. :(

Anything in particular you wanted to know?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to use my iPad .. Just wanted to see if it's like it says and is worth the $200 for the Bluetooth interface I gotta get

Teddy

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm going to use my iPad .. Just wanted to see if it's like it says and is worth the $200 for the Bluetooth interface I gotta get

Teddy
im using dash command on my ipad and iphone. I just bought the $20 elm wifi obd2 interface off of amazon and it works flawlessly!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
no problem man... something i did have to do is modify the power wire of it cause it was constantly drawing current, even when the truck is off and was killing my battery. I just cut the wire to the 12v pin on the inside, went to a relay, and back into the other side of the cut 12v wire. Then just ran a switched power wire to the relay. Works great now!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
im using dash command on my ipad and iphone. I just bought the $20 elm wifi obd2 interface off of amazon and it works flawlessly!!
I bought that same setup for CEL diagnosis. It works well once you establish the WiFi connection.

I don't really care to have it connected all the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts