Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stocker2 might be able to make it our meet and would like to know how many people want tuned while he is there. I am trying to find out how much and what all he can tune. If there is enough people to do it he will come by that day. may 20th

post up if interested.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Probably a stupid question, but what exactly is "Tuning"?

I'd imagine that it has something to do with performance but what are the benefits? How is it done? Do you have to have performance parts or can you "tune" a stock vehicle?

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have to buy credits to do your truck, credits cost $100, so I'd have to give you the full tune, which is $150. Of course I'd recommend you get it anyway. I'd remap your spark table, doing that got a guy in Houston, Black05Colorado, a 4-5mpg improvement. Redo fueling tables so it pulls harder in the midrange and the little things like rev limiter, tire size, torque management reduction and top speed limiter. The big one is spark timing, most of "local" tuners and even performance shops don't touch those tables. The spark remap will give you a lot more low end, you just have to spend 6% more on gas to get possibly 20% better mileage (gotta run 93).
thats an example and what he sent me

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Yea, not worth it to me. I don't really care to try and get more performance out of this thing. It's just a truck and I drive it like one. And you have to pay premium gas prices. That'll add up in no time!:econo:

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, not worth it to me. I don't really care to try and get more performance out of this thing. It's just a truck and I drive it like one. And you have to pay premium gas prices. That'll add up in no time!:econo:
He said some people are getting 4-5 mpg increase wih full tune and 93 octane, Ihe also said this...

I can do any colorado or canyon, both engines. I can do simple stuff like Torque mgmt reduction, tire size change, and top speed change cheap on '05 I5 and '06 I5, I might be able to unlock '05 and '06 I4s and '04 I5's very soon, like by the meet.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you had an '05 or '06 I5, which I can tune at no cost to me I'd charge you $50 for that. However, to unlock your vehicle I have to spend $100 out of my pocket to do it, or spend smething like $250 to unlcok all of your year and engine type. because of that I'd only be making $50 off a full tune, or losing $50 of a tire size change and top speed change.
I dont know if I am going to do it because for me its either a full tune or no tune

1 - 7 of 7 Posts