Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
:dawg:
Well last night I debaged the truck. Pretty much easy stuff, I took off the badges all the black stuff that stayed behind them. I rubbed the surface w/ a sponge soap and water. After it was clean I took off w/e excess adhesive w/ 3m adhesive remover. Now my paint in that area is dull. Like the shinny clear coat is gone:disgust:. The remover says it totally safe to use on vehicles. Even the guys in the detail dept here at the dealer use it on vehicles to take off the tape adhesive off the vehicles when they get delivered. I dont know what to do. Im scared that somehow I fucked up the paint. Well the guys in detail have it. Hopefully they can fix w/e it is that I did.
:dawg:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Re: Debadging problems

mine did the same, but it went away after a while. try a little polishing compound (not rubbing compound). Then wax that area.... don't worry man.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts

you need to hit it up with some 3m hand glaze. its a really mild polish that will bring back the shine and remove any swirl marks and haze. finsh off with a coat of wax then

·
Registered
118 Posts

thats nothing a little elbo grease and some meguires yellow wax wont fix ......

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

:cry:

I hope so and I hope they know thats what they need to do.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Debadging problems (pt.2) Problem solved!

:D

Thank god. Like in my original post, I was scared I messed up the clear coat debadging my truck. Well I took it to the pros here in the dealer and as mentioned before, polishing compound, glaze, and a coat of wax did the job:econo::thumbup::yup:!

:doku:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would've been freaking out!! I debadged my truck for the first time ever today and lets just say I was shaking like crazy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts