Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has tried any of the DEI cooling related products such as the exhaust wraps, intake wraps, and the CO2 intake sprayers. Its pretty neat, but expensive stuff and didn't know if it was worth a try or not.

Design Engineering, Inc. - Products

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts
I have some for my LSX, but its not installed yet.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Exhaust wraps don't really do anything except suck money out of your wallet. I had the exhaust header on my last vehicle wrapped and all it did was trap moisture and cause the header to rust through. The underhood temperatures didn't change.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ive used their tape and heat shield wire loom on my truck. When I put the long tubes on my clutch line sits right above the headers. What happens when a clutch inline bakes from heat, spongy clutch pedal. I used the wire loom around the line then wrap the tape around the loom. Great stuff and worth the money. Ive been looking at there intake tube heat wrap to keep the IAT down.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
I emailed DEI a while back about using their exhaust wrap on our manifolds.
The tech said "send me a pic of the manifold and factory heat shield".
So I did and he replied "you won't see any benefit from using the wrap".

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ive read about jet coat, seems to be good stuff. I believe they have 3 different finishes and temp ratings. I thought about sending out my long tubes to them while Im putting in my 408. They are pricey which is the down part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts