Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I don't think it is a design flaw. On my truck there is about a half inch clearance between that line and anything in the area. Maybe it got bent putting the intake in?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it is a design flaw. On my truck there is about a half inch clearance between that line and anything in the area. Maybe it got bent putting the intake in?
No. There was plenty of clearance from everything when I put the intake in. It would be difficult to get it to bend and stay there against the radiator.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Is a/c part of the powertrain?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even before I put the volant intake on, I noticed it rattling long before. It took me a while to trace that noise. Who knows, maybe the person who owned the truck before me had a k&n intake. If only I fixed the rattle noise long ago, this wouldn't be a problem. It didn't seem to be a problem so I just ignored it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need help. Is this ac line the same that is used in the 4 and 5 cylinders? The shop called around and has to special order and it won't get here till Thursday. I can't do this in this austin texas heat. I work outside all day and I need AC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2010 Canyon did the same thing. Tube rubbed against the upper radiator bracket until it wore a hole in it. Ofcourse, I'm well past warranty. 40 something dollars on GM Parts Direct, plus shipping. Big pain to change out. Just bought a Vacuum pump today in prep to repair and recharge. Thanks GM.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My 2010 Canyon did the same thing. Tube rubbed against the upper radiator bracket until it wore a hole in it. Ofcourse, I'm well past warranty. 40 something dollars on GM Parts Direct, plus shipping. Big pain to change out. Just bought a Vacuum pump today in prep to repair and recharge. Thanks GM.
Did you install an intake? This could have been an assembly problem on GMs side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No modifications at all- my truck is as ordered from GM -received 11/9/09. SLT extended cab,ZQ8 2 wheel drive of course. It was assembled with the condenser tube too close to the upper radiator bracket and the protrusion on the bracket wore a hole in the side of the tube. Had I seen it before wearing a hole, all that is needed to protect it is to slip a short piece of vac. hose (slit to open) over the protrusion on the bracket. Too late now. The part is on the way. How to install it is an entirely different thing. Looks like the grill may have to come out along with the air box. I love this truck ( and so do casual observers) but it is poorly built- lots of little stuff goes to hell! The worst thing is the road noise since this is a daily driver. I've not even approached my dealer about this since they are 90 miles from me and I am way past warranty at 58,+++ miles.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
my line cracked at the fitting 1 week after i got the truck. they had to order
the line, not stocked. they had the truck 6 days. gave me a loaner. no prob
since then.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No modifications at all- my truck is as ordered from GM -received 11/9/09. SLT extended cab,ZQ8 2 wheel drive of course. It was assembled with the condenser tube too close to the upper radiator bracket and the protrusion on the bracket wore a hole in the side of the tube. Had I seen it before wearing a hole, all that is needed to protect it is to slip a short piece of vac. hose (slit to open) over the protrusion on the bracket. Too late now. The part is on the way. How to install it is an entirely different thing. Looks like the grill may have to come out along with the air box. I love this truck ( and so do casual observers) but it is poorly built- lots of little stuff goes to hell! The worst thing is the road noise since this is a daily driver. I've not even approached my dealer about this since they are 90 miles from me and I am way past warranty at 58,+++ miles.
You have any pics?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts