Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Detailed my 2011 Chevy Colorado this week and had some free time on Friday to take some pics.

I have some before pictures, the paint really wasn't that bad but I will be sure to post them later.

I used Surf City Garage Pro Line Extreme Suds Wash to wash as well as in my foam gun. I also used what was left of my Surf City Garage Pro Hydro Seal to put down as my base coat of sealant.

Meguiar's 105 with a Orange Lake Country CCS Pad was used for heavy correction and Meguiar's 205 with White & Black Lake Country CCS Pads were used for Fine Polishing and to Finish Down. Paint isn't 100% perfect but I didn't really care since it's my Daily Drive, but it's probably about 98%.

After correcting I put down a coat of SCG Hydro Seal, followed by some Glaze I had laying around from Chemical Guys and then Adam's Patriot to top it all off.

Took these pictures at the old David Bradley Farm Implement Factory in Bradley IL by where I live...

·
Registered
221 Posts
looks sweeeeet

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Truck looks flawless. Isn't SCG where Dylan ended up after he left Adam's?
Yes it is Rich, but I think you've already ventured over to their Forum since I posted this reply haha

He took care of me when I started having issues with Adam himself and I haven't looked back. I started branching out looking at other stuff. Majority of the things I have now are Surf City Garage Professional, Chemical Guys and Meguiars.

Basically sold a lot of my Adam's stuff and am finishing up using the rest and when it's gone it's gone.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Wow that truck does look flawless. Awesome job mang!!!!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
Damn I bet it didn't look that good when you bought it......impressive

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow that looks amazing. Now come do that to mine lol I kid, I kid.

Is it really time consuming doing all that work to get it like that? Never done or had to do any detail work on my trucks before so I don't know how involved it is.

·
Registered
833 Posts

Is it really time consuming doing all that work to get it like that? Never done or had to do any detail work on my trucks before so I don't know how involved it is.
It is very time consuming!!!!! But well worth it if you know what your doing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Time consuming? It can be. When I got it from the dealer and it was as horrible as the pictures I put up, it took about 20 hours to correct. Black is terrible.

Now that I got it how I like it, I just go over it every 4 Months (Spring, Summer, Fall), with some Megs 205 on a White and Black pad and it keeps it pretty flawless, and it only takes me about 5-6 hours total... I have been using Surf City Garage Rapid AIO Polish to do the tougher spots like around door handles and what not.

I do my detailing a little different because I don't have a ton of spare time between working, the fire department and side jobs. What I do is I'll wash on a Friday Night and prep the paint and get everything dried. Then Saturday I'll do my Hood and Passenger Side. Finally Sunday I do my Drivers Side, Tailgate and Roof and then touch up the trim. If I have to take it out during my detail process I just wipe down the side I'm working on... Who cares if it scratches the paint thats why I'm correcting it anyways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts