Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
damn the most mine has ever seen was a single thorough wash and then a hand waxing. it gets that once a year....then the mr.clean auto dry a few times in the summer. winter i dont even bother to ever touch it.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I had to clayber the hell out of mine. White truck + tree dripping brown crap = no good. Took forever to get all the little brown speckals off...

·
Registered
174 Posts
any advice for the residue left on from the double sided tape that you can put on fender flairs..we took ours off and its bugging the hell out of me. granted eventually it will be re painted but a quick fix would be nice

·
Nation Affiliate
594 Posts
I used Goo Gone and a hairdryer to get all my emblems and those "door bumper" things that run the length of the door off of the truck and it worked really well.

·
Nation Affiliate
594 Posts
It would heat the glue/residue on the backside of the tape and it allow me to pull the double sided take off easier.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It would heat the glue/residue on the backside of the tape and it allow me to pull the double sided take off easier.
oh ok, we got the tape off and all the sticky but it still left a mark..he tried waxing buffing all that good stuff but wont come out.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I just did a wax job today (and wash)...about time to...my poor white truck was starting to look brown

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's a nice write-up Brewer!

I do not recommend using shammys. I have a ton of them, as I used to use them. They can pick up any small traces of left over dirt and swirl your paint. The only thing they're good for is drying off myself after a shower.

I recommend using the pooling technique, followed by air drying with a leaf blower or Metro Vac. Use a waffled microfiber drying towel like Adam's Great White Drying Towel to remove any residual runs/drops of water.

NOTE: a quick shot of Detail Spray or Waterless Wash will help lubricate the paint when using a drying towel, reducing swirl marks.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I just started using Jax Wax products, so far they seem to be doing a good job. What are some other good otc waxes that can be used without a buffer?

41 - 59 of 59 Posts