Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My amp is a MTX 311D. I just went to the shitty circuit (temporary sub) and picked up a SVC 4ohm Jackhammer 12" sub...bridging my amp down to 1 channel wont hurt the sub will it...and how will it sound thanx for the help guys

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
what are the specs on your amp

if its a 4 ohm and you bridge it to 2 ohms, you could possibly blow your sub

·
Registered
971 Posts
It won't hurt the amp but you are going to be underpowering the sub. That amp only does 100 watts at 4 ohm. You would have been better off getting a svc 2ohm sub or a dvc 4ohm sub. The sub is rated at 200 wrms and you're only giving it 100. There can be problems from underpowering a sub so that's something you have to worry about. I also don't think it will be that loud with just 100 watts running to it. I could be wrong though.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
true i forgot about the watts issue.

you can underpower a sub but its not advised b/c it wont hit as hard or in other words be at its full potential.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It won't hurt the amp but you are going to be underpowering the sub. That amp only does 100 watts at 4 ohm. You would have been better off getting a svc 2ohm sub or a dvc 4ohm sub. The sub is rated at 200 wrms and you're only giving it 100. There can be problems from underpowering a sub so that's something you have to worry about. I also don't think it will be that loud with just 100 watts running to it. I could be wrong though.
thanx man

thanx all you guys...im going to buy new stuff today after work going with an L7 and new amp..

it crapped out on me buckeye

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i got the kicker and a sony 1200 watt xm-2002GTR the kicker was an L5 the dude told me the 2 will work great together we will see...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts