Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I need some confirmation from somebody... I have a 06 Z71... I have a hitch on it already... I originally wanted to do a roll pan but when I was plastidipping my rear step bumper today my dad brought up a good point... we go to a lot of sporting events in the summer and he bought a grille that plugs into a hitch receiver... so I need to keep my hitch... I looked on CarID and they have a paint to match bumper face bar on there... but it says W/o towing... will that work with the setup I have already? I have threw the roll pan idea out the window and I don't necessarily want to go to the dealership and drop 500 bucks for a rear bumper unless that's the best way to go... I need some help confirming if that facebar will work... here is the link

Replace® - Chevy Colorado 2005-2007 Rear Bumper Face Bar

·
Premium Member
18,004 Posts
That looks like it. Looks like you will need to swap the step, lower center bar over to the new one and all the plastic.

IMO the wo/towing is because it does not have the step included.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like it. Looks like you will need to swap the step, lower center bar over to the new one and all the plastic.

IMO the wo/towing is because it does not have the step included.
so all I would have to do is swap the plastic from my old one onto the new one? and shouldn't have any troubles?

·
Registered
57 Posts
There is a company called Street Scene that makes a roll pan as well as a hitch that works with it. The hitch goes behind the plate and the plate is on a hinge. The tag flips down and there's your 2" receiver.

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Street Scene - Mirrors, Grilles, Body Kits, Roll Pans, Wiper Cowls, Driving Lights, and more.

Flip Up License Plate Kit

Finish off your Street Scene Roll Pan and Hidden Trailer Hitch Combo with a Flip Up license Plate Kit from Street Scene Equipment. Made from high quality steel. Complete with License Plate Light Kit. For a Street Scene distributor near you call us at 888 477 0707 Monday-Friday 7.00am to 4.00pm pacific time or search for a Street Scene distributor on the internet. Street Scene offers the most complete line of front valances, bumper covers, side skirts, roll pans, grilles mirrors, hoods, wiper cowls and other styling components in the marketplace today

1 - 6 of 6 Posts