Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, supermod and I have pretty much come to the conclusion that 3rd gear in my trans is fried, i'll be testing out one more tune to see if it fixes my shifting issues, if not it's time to swap transmissions..

anyhow, my question is, is there any differences in the 4l60e between all the years on the I4 and I5? can i bolt up one that came off an 06 or 08 or even a 2010? The local shop wants $1800 for a rebuild :ugh: fuck that! However my local salvage yard has one from an 06 I5 canyon 2wd with 10.5k miles on it for $475.. I figured all 4l60e's are the same, but i don't know if the electronics and shit are?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
James told me that all the electronics are different on the 08 and ups. All years will bolt up but will not plug up. I blew my sprag gear in my trans and got a 2011 trans with 42k miles for 650 shipped with a year warranty off ebay I just have to get the old one out and getbthe new one in.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I would think they are all the same minus there being a difference with the tuning of course. Also a 4wd and a 2wd would be different but the running gear for the most part would be the same? :shrug: I'm in the same boat as you with my overdrive getting bad so I'm interested with this as well

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looking on car-part.com it doesn't seem like they are interchangeable :shrug:. when you search 04, only 04's come up, if you search 05, 05 and 06 come up.. 07 only 07 come up and so on..

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
From my understanding the 04-07s will all work with them years then in 08 they changed up the ecm and tcu and only 08 and up work for 08+ trucks. They bolt pattern on all the same but the electronics are different.

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
makes sense.. i don't see why the 04-07 would change.. 08+ yes, because they use a TCM instead of the PCM.. i wonder why car-part.com doesn't list them as interchangeable though :shrug:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I'm running an 05 in my 06. Theyll all bolt up. I have the adapter from a silverado 4l60e to my tcase. But like said before I believe the electronics changed in the newer stuff where they switched to the can system or whatever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts