Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that purchased wheels from discount tire. Is there any wheel warranty? like if you purchased chrome wheels and they start to flake off cause almost all chrome is cheap now a days, do they give u a new wheel? If there is some sort of warranty, is it only 1 year two or even three from date of purchase? anybody?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
It will depend on the brand of rim most likely, but yes most if not all wheels do carry some kind of warranty.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
TALK TO THEM!

They are all great guys, I do all my Wheel/Tire through them, I fractured a wheel on my grandam, and they GAVE me a new one for free, (Factory upgraded wheels) I have been doing business with them for about 5 years, and would never take my truck to anyone else. So i can suggest is go talk to them, see what they will do!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well there is a one year warranty to manufacturer defects to your wheels. he said if the damage is not caused by the owner they will replace them for free. Then i showed concern that my wheels were discountinued when i bought them a year ago, and they had to have two of them shipped from indiana last year. Anyway i have 9 days left on my one year warranty, so i'm headed in there on thursday to see whats up. Now lest say my wheels are discontinued and they can't give me a new set of my wheels. Well those bruzers only cost me $172 a piece, well the wheels that are $172 on their website suck a hole....... but there are 2 sets around the $245 price range. Are they going to make me pay the difference!?!?!?! if so im gonna be pissssssed !!!!!

A buddy of mine has 22's mb bruzers that are chrome and its coming off a bit, and thats part of the reason why i bought the polished aluminum mb bruzers in hopes that they would last longer. And no i dont drive with them on in the winter. So theres no reason for them to not be in perfect shape. So we'll see

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I'm curious, what exactly is wrong with them?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm curious, what exactly is wrong with them?
Ok if u look at the wheel. its painted grey, then polished aluminum, grey, then polished, so on and so on. Well on every piece of aluminum there are small white circles which i thought previously was like little tiny pieces of white paint that might have happened from when i stored them over the winter under wood in the shed. Well this buddy of mine with a 06 sierra has it on his wheels too and his are a little bigger so i scratched it with my finger nail and its obviously some of the aluminum chipping away. maybe its not polished aluminum maybe its a shiny paint i dont know.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Maybe it's clear coat lifting from the wheel surface? I'd imagine if they can't replace them they may have them refinished for you, which may be a better option as the repair may be better than the original work.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Updated with pics! Tell me u guys would expect this to be fixed or replaced as well.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Yes, I'd expect them to take care of that. There's obviously something wrong with the finish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts