Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

Not sure where I am supposed to post something like this but I figured this is a good place.

We'll my association after a suspension swap (gf's 2010 VW Golf), a couple of oils changes, and lastly a radiator flush along with a thermostat swap, they decided to enforce the HOA policy of no automotive work by sending me letter and email. You can't even wash you car but at least I was not fined or anything.

Then I wanted to change my manual transmission oil and rear differential oil. I could have gone to my step dads but I only have one set of jack stands. Perhaps he still had some drive on ramps then I could just jack the rear to make it flush. But then I remembered I had read about a DIY garage about 30 minutes from where I live.

I looked it up and there was in fact a place called Garage Yourself which had everything I needed. The place has air tools, hand tools, asymmetrical lift, several symmetrical life, a drive on lift, and even a dynamometer!! Prices are $25 an hour (dyno runs are not billed this way) and no extra fees for dumping of any fluids. The owner is always there and very helpful if you have a question or get stuck. Check out the website for more details.

Bottom Line
If you need a garage with a lift in South Florida, check out Garage Yourself. It's a great place to work.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I am closer to that that you, I checked out the website, looks like a good place to work, if you don't have your own facilities. Right now I am having built a 2 car garage w/extra storage, a 260 sq.ft. loft; it won't ever be used for "2 cars!" One bay will be for tools & equipment, the other bay will be for work.

That business would be a cool place to have a meet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea he said he would give a discounted rate it a meet went in another forum. I came across this post when I googled the place. The post was from 2013 though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am closer to that that you, I checked out the website, looks like a good place to work, if you don't have your own facilities. Right now I am having built a 2 car garage w/extra storage, a 260 sq.ft. loft; it won't ever be used for "2 cars!" One bay will be for tools & equipment, the other bay will be for work.

That business would be a cool place to have a meet.
One day hopefully I will have something like that. I also want a lift in my garage!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts