Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I bought a djm 3/4 kit from a buddy today that took it off to bag his truck, only paid $100 for the arms and blocks. Anything I need to know about installing it or is it pretty straight forward. I've done a lot of suspension work before and bagged a few vehicles just making sure there's not any quirks I should know about doing this.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
It's pretty straight forward, nothing too difficult if you've done suspension before.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Front end is straight forward. For the rear, I had beefier u-bolts made because the ones that came with the kit were too short to get threaded and kind of skimpy.

Is your truck a ZQ8? If so, 4" blocks is going to put you in notch territory.

(Edit: I see its a Z85)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im a z85, i was wondering about getting diff u bolts i dont really want to re use these theyre a lil beat up. can i buy replacement ones from djm?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Probably cheaper to have a set custom made. These cost me $40 and a 10 min drive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just got some bolts done for $20 so im pretty happy haha, random question how much drop do you get on a z85 if you pull a leaf from the pack? not saying im gonna do it just wondering.id like to have 4/5 so i may just swap to zq8 springs all around which would achieve a 4/5 using my djm 3/4 correct?

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts
I had to buy longer bolts for the shocks in order for mine to work

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
i just got some bolts done for $20 so im pretty happy haha, random question how much drop do you get on a z85 if you pull a leaf from the pack? not saying im gonna do it just wondering.id like to have 4/5 so i may just swap to zq8 springs all around which would achieve a 4/5 using my djm 3/4 correct?
Pulling a leaf varies anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 inches of drop, some guys only get a little and some have gotten more. My guess is softness of the leafs since they have been known to sag. As for the front, the ZQ8 coils will only give you 1/2 inch drop.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i make just do zq8s alla round with the anti-hop mod, and cut the front coils a bit to get another half inch. ill be notching it next weekend hopefully. then belltech sways
and shocks all around

·
Registered
90 Posts
Where did you get these UBolts from? Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had to buy longer bolts for the shocks in order for mine to work
Getting together with a fellow 355 member and we're both dropping our trucks with this kit. The bolt your talking about, any idea what size/thread count? Don't wanna get into this and not have transportation to bring the bolt with me somewhere and size it up.

Thanks!

·
the guy that always on
3,237 Posts
Getting together with a fellow 355 member and we're both dropping our trucks with this kit. The bolt your talking about, any idea what size/thread count? Don't wanna get into this and not have transportation to bring the bolt with me somewhere and size it up.

Thanks!
I think I remember seeing the info your looking for ill see if I can't find it for ya

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts

Thanks!
the stock bolts for the bottom of the shocks were too short and I went to a local hardware store to get a longer set. cost was less then $5 with washers & nuts

I just went up there and asked for the same size only longer........I put mine on a few months ago but I guess I should have asked

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah I could do that but I don't wanna risk not having transportation at the time. My girlfriend has plans during the day Sunday.

You think an IPC or something could have a bolt P/N where I could search further?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts