Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything is installed and working except for my amps are now not coming on. I have the remote wire hooked up to the power control wire and nothing is coming on in the back. Does anybody know what I am doing wrong here?

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
go back through everything and check it again. make sure your grounds are good. reconnect your battery? lol.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go back through everything and check it again. make sure your grounds are good. reconnect your battery? lol.
Well I dont think its the amps itself. I have had this system for well over a couple of years and no problems whatsoever. I had a Alpine 9835, but I got tired of it and bought the Dnx7100 and now, the amps wont work at all. I havent touched anything except for the head unit. The nav unit works and all but no sound because of the amps not coming on.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
try running a wire from the remote power inputs on the amps themselves to the battery directly. if the amps come on and you hear sound, then your problem is the remote wire itself. maybe there is a chance you cut something you shouldn't have, or maybe you connected the wrong wire to the remote power.

·
Registered
971 Posts
yeah not to doubt your skill but I know this is a common mistake. Make sure your remote wire is not hooked up to the power antenna wire. They are both blue wires so sometimes it's easy to mix them up. Like I said not trying to doubt you or anything just trying to throw out possibilities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts