Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Sony CDX GT300 head unit. but the volume on the radio is soo fuckin low compared to CD's or aux sound. CD's sound fine at about 5-10, but if im listening to the radio, i have to crank it to at least 15-20 to hear it at the same 'level'

is there any reason why it does that? any way to fix it?

P

·
0 Posts
you might wanna check out your antenna, im not too sure but i had this problem before, changed my antenna, and prob gone!!

P

·
0 Posts
My alpine headunit has very little difference in volume between the two, i never really listen to the radio anymore though, finally got my zune connected. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I had an Aiwa head that had level settings for radio, CD, and aux so that you could balance them. Try seeing if there is such a setting on your head.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i haven't found such settings. it really annoys me when i listen to the radio, then switch to CD n' forget to turn the volume down...

P

·
0 Posts
i took some time to look into your issue, it seems as if this is something that is not isolated to just you, I found these reviews of your head unit on Crutchfield:

1) The volume settings between the various imputs is not very well balanced. Going from radio to CD for instance will deafen you. Have not tried the AUX in yet, but another rater indicated its volume difference is even worse.

Dial is nice (beats button operated volume!), however it does not protrude very far, so you can only access it with your fingertips. Buttons are quite small for my liking (don't try to operate this unit with gloves!), but it looks like that is pretty much standard fare for all units these days.

2) The buttons are a bit small for my taste. The presets, mode and scrl buttons all look the same so it's easy to press them by mistake. AUX, Tuner FM, Tuner AM, CD, iPod, etc have such wide differences in volume that several times, I nearly blew out my ears switching sources. AM Radio has extremely low volume, FM and iPod has moderate volume and the CD player is super loud. The front AUX port has an adjustable input level, but even at its highest is much lower than the CD player. Adjustments are simple but I wouldn't call it intuitive so read the manual well. iPod Interface adapter is a joke.

Its your headunit dude, i hope this helps :shrug:

·
Registered
24 Posts
there is nothing in that manual about SLA levels
:mc:

hmmm. Well, I don't know why it wouldn't come with that option...sorry dude, Sony blows? :shrug:

Alpine/Pioneer have it...

Lemme look thru your manual...see if it's labeled something else...

edit:

well...that blows. :lol:

Hmmm...sorry guy, every deck from Pioneer/Alpine I've had has had that option...it's usually in the settings if that helps.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its alright. i dont listen to much radio around here (local stations SUCK, not sure how, i live between DALLAS AND FORT WORTH TEXAS, and yet seems like 90% of the radio stations are either country or rap, with a few pop stations in between...all the hard rock stations are being phased out (all thats left is one independantly owned classic rock station that has a weak signal in most area's)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts