Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have a 07' Colorado Z71 4x4 with a 3.7L I5 & 4 speed automatic transmission.
I was wondering if I have a stock locking Diff? The reason for this question is that when I make a turn while taking off from a stop sign on a hot rainy day one of my rear wheels breaks loose and the Colly drifts to the left about 0.5 seconds as if it where on ice then gains a massive amount of traction & kicks slightly to the right, without releasing the gas peddle. Now I ask this because my previous truck was a Chevy S10 2wd 4.3L V6 4 speed automatic transmission & it would spin one wheel all day long in these conditions if you did not release the gas peddle to regain traction, unlike my new Colly. So do I have a locking Diff?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
The front is a open diff from the factory. Shooter I maybe wrong but I thought all z71 came with the g80

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
95% sure that it should be a locker since you have a z71.

Like others have said, look in the glove box for the tag G80.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
No front diff lock on 355 platform unless you buy an H3.

About the tire slip and traction difference you feel on take offs while making a turn on wet surfaces it may be just the stability / traction control preventing you to loose complete control of your vehicle.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
This trucks "cuts" the gas when they detect a rear wheel spinning on a curve and take it back when the wheel gets traction again. That´s a massive help on slippery roads.

Anyways you can deactivate this function directly on the button above the head unit on the center console.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
No front diff lock on 355 platform unless you buy an H3.

About the tire slip and traction qty difference you feel on take offs while making a turn on wet surfaces it may be just the stability / traction control preventing you to loose complete control of your vehicle.
Traction Quantity? :lol:

How many tractions' is it!?

·
Texas Yoda!!!!
36,262 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Think you´re right man. Then I think it should be the locker engaging - disengaging.

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
For those who have an 07 there is no traction control button. Traction control was available as an option on 2 wheel drive automatics only. This information is brought to you from the NTSB archives. This info can also be found at Edmunds, KBB, Autotrader, etc, etc, just google it!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
:gd: Search guys, not trying to be a dick, but after 9 years of the truck being made, this has been talked about plenty of times.....
:muknow:

or we can let the know it all newbies tell you a bunch of lies, which seems normal nowadays....
Man you're lucky. I said almost the exact same response yesterday and got attached for being mean to a noob. I wasn't trying to be a dick either.

·
Nipple
6,350 Posts
Man you're lucky. I said almost the exact same response yesterday and got attached for being mean to a noob. I wasn't trying to be a dick either.
haha, I remember that....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts