Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if a 20x8.5 wheel with a +22mm offset would fit my 07 xtreme with a 2" drop all the way around?...im talking about the silverado ss wheels....

found here... Factory Reproductions Welcomes You!

i personally think they may stick out to much...but are my flares bigger or the same as the zq8?...

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im kinda hopin some one come on here and says "oh i have a bigger drop and have a bigger offset, youll be fine".....but thats not how my luck goes

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
You will be fine.

I have a ZQ8 dropped 2" in the front and 3" in the rear.

I also have 20" wheels with a 25mm offset. IT will work!

Although you might rub your fender flares...

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what im affraid of...i dont want to rip the flare off...i live in new england...bumps are impossible to avoid completly...how close are you to your flare?...if i were to trim mine a litte?....i hate wheels...gayness

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
story of my life....everything goes from yea it will fit great to, im not sure it might fit, now i just need the traditional...nope not gonna happen

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Yea I know what you mean about bad roads....Honestly I have seen people cut out a section of the flare so it wont rub...I mean THEY WILL DEF FIT!

But with any mod there is always a cause and effect situation that needs to be taken care of...

Just keep your eyes on the flares. I am just saying watch them to cover my ass :lol:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha ok so thats a "it'll fit with help"....now i just need like 2 more people to agree with you and ill move forward in the process...i was also thinkin bout havin like .1-.2 machined off the back when i get em bored out..so i dunno...i just gotta find a cheap used set or a good deal on replicas...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm thinking that these wheels will not work on an extreme. I believe the fender flares will be in the way. I have seen pictures of these wheels on ZQ8 trucks with the smaller flare but never an extreme. ZQ8 wheels are 17"X8" with a 27mm positive offset and they sit almost flush with a zq8 flare. You are adding an extra 1/2 inch of wheel and taking away some of the offset which will push the wheel outwards. I would say you need anywhere between 25mm & 30mm positive offset to be in the clear on an 8.5 inch wide wheel.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone know where i can find a good selection of brushed/ polished 20s?...my plan if i could get the ss wheels i was gonna do em black...so something preferably not chrome would be great but i cant find shit, this is mucho frustrating-o

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
DBNissan's wheels have a lower offset than that, he's lower and doesn't have any problems. I can't remember what offset his wheels are exactly, I think +18 or +15. PM him to find out for sure.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Or even these done the same way:
Factory Reproductions Welcomes You!

I do realize that the fitment (holes) isn't right but a lot of companys will drill custom for you at a slightly higher price ...

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
You probably wouldn't be able to get a 5 spoke exposed lug cast wheel in a 6 lug pattern. Most companies drill the lug holes in the webbing between the spokes, so if they're not a covered lug then it wouldn't look right. Those SRT-10 replicas might be able to be drilled in the right bolt pattern if there's enough room for the larger lug pattern. I'd be surprised if they'd do it for you though. Either way that offset is kind of low for a 20x9" wheel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts