Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Who dat? Who dere?
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched through a bunch of schematics and the forums but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I'm going to be installing a blazer overhead console in my truck and I need to find out what each wire from the dome light harness goes too. It's a three pin connecter with a black, red and what seems to be brown cable. I'm assuming the black is ground and the red is a hot of some sort but I need to know for sure.

Also, if anyone has any experience with the overhead console it's a 4 wire plug with a red, black, orange and purple/yellow striped wires. I'm still digging through schematics but i need to find out which of these needs to be spliced into the factory dome harness. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
On my 2011, the Dome/Courtesy light connector has three wires, Black, White, and Orange. The Black is ground. The White is for the Dome light. The Orange is for the switched Courtesy lights.

Do you know what year Blazer that the overhead console came from? I used one from a 1998. Is it the long one? Some related info here: http://www.355nation.net/forum/interior/140338-overhead-console.html PM sent.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I put a Silverado overhead in mine and used just the Orange and white. The third wire is the control (not sure if power or ground) for turning the lights on when you open the door. If you only hook up the two you can only turn them on with the dimmer on your headlight control panel.

·
Who dat? Who dere?
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help guys! I'll be pulling the headliner out this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts