Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Idea. I have an extra set of door handles that I want to keep but wouldn't mind loaning out to people if they want to get theirs painted. What you would do is simply pay for shipping from my house to yours and I will send them to you to get painted and when yours are done switch them back out and ship back to me, What do you think?? I am doing this to be nice but I figure I should have a deposit in case someone doesn't return them?

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
i think that is a great idea...i would think you could trust just about anybody on here with exception to maybe lance...j/k. :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
I have an Idea. I have an extra set of door handles that I want to keep but wouldn't mind loaning out to people if they want to get theirs painted. What you would do is simply pay for shipping from my house to yours and I will send them to you to get painted and when yours are done switch them back out and ship back to me, What do you think?? I am doing this to be nice but I figure I should have a deposit in case someone doesn't return them?
Dude, genius. And I'm sure people would throw a few extras in here and there when they ship the handles back. Good idea man.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking of charging 60 bucks up front to cover shipping to you and 40 deposit. Once I get the door handles back I will paypal you back the 30 bucks unless they are damaged and you might get a prorate back. I would make about 15-30 depending on shipping. I think thats fair.

M

·
0 Posts
i was thinking of charging 60 bucks up front to cover shipping to you and 40 deposit. Once I get the door handles back I will paypal you back the 30 bucks unless they are damaged and you might get a prorate back. I would make about 15-30 depending on shipping. I think thats fair.
Or, you could just make it free (for people you know, and 355 nation members, of course), and just mention that you appreciate tips. I think you'd probably make more if profit is your goal. I know if I hit your service up, I's throw a 20 spot in there and a couple other goodies just for you letting me borrow them. Note: Charge Lance a security deposit. He'll send them back and they'll be all gummed up with 3 different guys semen. Just a thought.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Or, you could just make it free (for people you know, and 355 nation members, of course), and just mention that you appreciate tips. I think you'd probably make more if profit is your goal. I know if I hit your service up, I's throw a 20 spot in there and a couple other goodies just for you letting me borrow them. Note: Charge Lance a security deposit. He'll send them back and they'll be all gummed up with 3 different guys semen. Just a thought.
nasty. nasty. nasty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i needed them yesterday. :dawg:

I'll give you shipping, $5 and a hug.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i needed them yesterday. :dawg:

I'll give you shipping, $5 and a hug.
i dont care to make anything on these just make sure I dont get hosed. Free for nation peeps is fine I just want to make sure I dont lose on shipping too.

well how much is a set brand new? You don't want to charge close to market value...
You would have about 50-70 in a new set.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Very good Idea...Someone should do this with all the parts...

Or .....why don't they just pay you to paint the handles...and ship you their "og"'s after they recieve the painted handles. That way you always have a set to work with. ;) just my opinion...:D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Very good Idea...Someone should do this with all the parts...

Or .....why don't they just pay you to paint the handles...and ship you their "og"'s after they recieve the painted handles. That way you always have a set to work with. ;) just my opinion...:D
That would work, but like everyone else on CFans who tried giving back to site members, it will most likely eventually go tumbling down hill because people will start pointing out all the little imperfections and make him look like a bad guy. I would just stick with loaning the handles out and let that person get their own handles painted...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
we should see if there is a shop that just sand and paint handles for less than 100 a piece. and do a bulk buy with them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts