Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So driving to work today my dome light suddenly comes on and the Door cel comes on and wont turn off tried all the door switches, still didnt go off. any ideas?im stumped
and can they be disabled?

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Not a fun thing to happen in the cold. The BCM should turn off all lights automatically after 20 minutes, in order to prevent draining the battery. How did you check the switches? If one of the switches is stuck in the on position, you will have to remove the connector from the switch to get the light off. If you didn't try that yet, start with the driver's door, it's the most likely to fail. One screw, mine is a Torx, not sure of the size.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the drivers door is busted off, disconected the passenger door switch and it turned off.
Im not a fan of all these electronic systems, too much to go wrong. and no at -24c not fun

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
It's good that you found the problem. When you get ready to replace it, the part number is 15905665. The Dealer price here is US$9.90, but it probably is much higher for you. RockAuto online stocks them and they ship anywhere.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Glad you found the problem... Not that bad... Could have been much worse...

·
Formerly Metal_EMT
1,880 Posts
Hey at least you didn't rip your door handle off in the cold like I did the other day...

·
Formerly Metal_EMT
1,880 Posts
I also have one of these switches just sitting in my toolbox drawer. Send a carrier pigeon over the pond and i'll send it over, lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey at least you didn't rip your door handle off in the cold like I did the other day...
That sucks!. it was easy enough to take off but when i put my foot up on my running board i knocked the plastic cover off, i think ill just take them off , drivers side came off too last summer

·
Formerly Metal_EMT
1,880 Posts
Temporary fix lol. Drilled holes and ran zipties through the stock mounting holes until the replacements come in. (Yes blue zipties were the only ones I could find right now) Holds pretty tight so I might just wait for warmth to actually replace it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts