Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob poster but i lurk often, im looking for preference and or advice on door popper kits. I think ill order some suicidedoors but i wanted to know if the autoloc kit is good quality or should i spring for the AVS kit? Please post preference and reasoning. the AVS kit says you wire power/ground and your done. Not that it matters but im actually doing this in a 48 chevy, ill be introduced to the 355nation in a couple months hopefully!!

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
power/ground and thats it is not exactly true. only if you put a button on there.

if you want remotes (and im sure you do) then its way more complicated than that.

you gotta install the poppers (which is no easy task) and run the wireing. now depending on what your skill level is its not that is hard but very, very time consuming.

when i did my s-10 it took us one day just to install one popper and run the wiring for that. the next one went easier b/c we had a jist of what was going on. i had NO idea of how to do it. just instructions and some help from my buddies with beer.

good luck and dont be afraid to try it.

mine were autolocks. worked out very well. the poppers never froze in Indiana winters and always worked.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
yeah get the avs! there kick ass. a few of my friends are running them on there trucks. no problumes! i have the protocoll from streetbeat customs. and it sucks! the solenoids are allways sticking and shit. so go with avs and get the ones that latch on to the latch.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
ehhh its kinda like a power door lock thats on this bracket. that just mounts to ur latch.

plus i dident read ur message fully. and notiched u said 48 chevy. i dont know if avs makes one for them. mostly s-10 a few other truck colorados and a few cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ehhh its kinda like a power door lock thats on this bracket. that just mounts to ur latch.

plus i dident read ur message fully. and notiched u said 48 chevy. i dont know if avs makes one for them. mostly s-10 a few other truck colorados and a few cars.
They make a universal kit, why would they make some specifically for ghetto 40s latches haha. I was more going for quality of brand not the bolt on kit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts